Friday, February 29, 2008

Today is Friday and I'm a negligent blogger.

Every week, I grow more attached to the weekend. It's my time to become unleashed from all of the weighty professional obligations I've recently found myself entangled in. Work is not as bad as it sounds, it's just demanding. Lots of time, lots of energy.

If on Friday I am happy, Sunday I feel guilty. Guilty for not making more of my weekend. I wonder if I'll ever be satisfied? A friend told me recently that I'm one of those people for whom nothing is ever good enough. He meant it to be insulting and it was. But is he right? It crushed me. I've known people like that and I don't want to slip into that trap.

This weekend, I am embracing activity. Activity is my "jam."

So, tomorrow, I'm off to a photography exhibit in Chelsea. A San Francisco artist named John Chiara whose hazy, "drunken" landscapes I read about in the New Yorker.

1 comment:

Rambler said...

You are finding yourself. Also, don't fall into the trap that somehow if some life changing event doesn't occur between the days of Friday-Monday the weekend was a waste. I do more now on weekends then I ever did when I was "searching for the moment.