Monday, May 26, 2008

Goodnight, Moon


Hello, stranger.

I neglect. Outside of the office walls, it’s what I do. Don’t take it personally. I’m no more attentive to myself these days than anyone else. But. Shall I indulgently profess this time will be different? The words will now come with regularity? Why don’t we just ‘wait and see.’

The good news is I’ve been thinking more. Road to recovery? Perhaps. Let’s hope.

Just spent an amazing weekend in Newport, where I learned to sail and steered the 12-footer for a good half-hour all on my own! I felt triumphant and a little tense at first, but I let the water’s rhythm ease my nerves (enter cradle metaphor) and enjoyed the frosty breeze. Dare I say I felt purged, somehow?

Thoughts from the road:
[Subtitle: Changes must follow]

* Hello, stranger (sound familiar?). Enter New York, lose self. If you knew this black hole was what you’d meet, would you do it all over again? Yes. Why? Lessons. I was never as close as I thought I was anyway. I was only comfortable.

* Lately, I’ve been wishing to turn back clocks and learn more from the ones I’ve left or lost.

* Let go. Stop trying to write your story and learn something unexpected from life.

Goodnight, moon.

No comments: